Do you love pancakes, but feel guilty for eating them ? Then these protein packed, low calorie pancakes, are perfect for you. Not only are they scrumptious, they have added health benefits. The blueberries are packed with antioxidants that can help prevent cancer and other health problems. These can be eaten for breakfast or for snacks on the go. The oatmeal inside of the pancakes will definitely keep you full and satisfied. No need for low calories syrup, top it off with some blueberry banana puree syrup. I hope you enjoy this recipe! This recipe was inspired by Fit Men Cook.
And yes, this is Fit Fam approved !!
½ cup of quick oats
1/3 cup of egg whites or 3 egg whites
½ cup of blueberries
½ of a banana
1 scoop of your favorite vanilla Protein
(I use cellucor)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of baking powder
Pam non-stick spray
1 splenda or sweetener
Blend the oats, protein, egg whites, banana, vanilla extract, and baking powder. Blend until smooth.
- Throw in your blueberries and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg into the mixture. Mix with a spatula
- Heat up a frying pan and spray with Pam
- Once heated pour out the mixture into the pan. Depending on the size of pancakes you want.
- Lower the heat to medium- high
- After 1 minute check the bottom of the pancake, if brown flip over and cook the other side.
- Blend ¼ cup of berries, the other half of the banana , and ¼ cup of water
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into a small pot and begin to simmer on medium heat
- Add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add in splenda
- Top you pancakes with the syrup and and enjoy!