On my journey of loosing weight, eating healthy was essential. Eating bland chicken breast and vegetables became so boring. Salmon was one of my saviors. Try out this savory low carb recipe; it will surely make you appreciate the pescatarian world. This recipe is Fit-Fam approved .
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of minced garlic
2 salmon filets ( 5-6 oz each) or any fish of choice
2 tbsp of minced ginger
2 tbsp of I cant believe its not butter
¼ tsp of light salt
¼ tsp of black pepper
¼ Italian seasoning
3 carrot stalk
1 tsp of brown sugar
- Season the salmon with herbs, salt, and pepper .
- Heat the coconut oil in a non stick frying pan over medium heat. Thrown in the minced ginger and allow to fry for 1 minute . Place the salmon in the pan frying on medium heat 2-4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Once you flip it to one side throw in a tbsp. of butter.
- Add the minced garlic to pan ( Always add garlic last ) . Lower the heat to low and continue to pan sear salmon for 1 more minute, Remove from the pan.
- Cut your carrot into vertical pieces. Season with black pepper and salt
- Add ½ tsp of coconut oil to the frying pan.
- Add in carrots. Begin to sauté.
- Add in 1 tbsp of butter and sprinkle the brown sugar on the carrots
- Continue to sauté until carrots turn golden brown, flipping side to side.
Enjoy! Please leave a comment !