When I go out to brunch with friends, it’s no mystery what I’m going to order. Ask any of my friends and they will tell you I am going order the Eggs Benedict, my favorite thing to eat on a Sunday. From the oozing Hollandase sauce to the popping of the egg yolk, I can easily say this is one of my favorite recipes. May I introduce you to Kego’s Benedict, my take on the Eggs Benedict. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
2 Tbsp of lemon juice
4 english muffins
1/2 stick of butter melted
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of black pepper
8 strips of canadian bacon
1 cup of spinach
1/2 of a large round tomato
4 Tbsp of white vinegar
dash of chives for garnishing
1/4 cup of grated parmesan
- Making of the hollandaise sauce: You will need a glass bowl, a pot, and a whisk.(make sure your glass bowl can fit comfortably on the pot ) Fill a regular large pot with water, making sure that your glass bowl does not touch the water. In a large glass bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks, 1 tbsp of Vinegar, and 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Bring the water to a gentle simmer. Place the glass bowl over the pot and begin to whisk gently.
- Begin to add your melted butter slowly in a dashing movement. Continue to whisk slowly until you have a thick consistency. If it gets to thick add 2 tbsp of water into the egg mixture. Whisk in a dash of salt, and then remove from heat. Place a lid on pan to maintain the warmth.
- In a separate pot, boil some water, add 1 tbsp of vinegar. To poach your eggs, once the water in boiling crack your egg into the pot. let boil for 1-3 minutes depending on your preference. Remove from water and set aside
- Sauté spinach in a pan with ½ a teaspoon of oil or 2 minutes , also start browning your Canadian bacon for 2 minutes.
- Slice tomato in ½ inch length and fry in a pan, for 2 minutes, Sprinkle parmesan
- Toast your English muffins, on the muffin place 2 strips of Canadian bacon, followed by the sautéed spinach, tomato , then the poached egg. Drizzle the hollandaise and add chopped chives on top. (tip : if your hollandaise is still thick add tbsp of water and whisk quickly)